Sunday, January 31, 2010

all the single ladies


Greg came home on Wednesday night from school and told me some sad news. He went to the gym that afternoon and put his wedding ring in his pocket to work out. When he reached down to grab it after his workout, it was gone. He claims that he and another guy looked
everywhere for it (and I believe him), but to no avail. So after two short years, my husband has already lost his wedding ring.

Don't get me wrong, it's just a ring. I'm not that upset about it.

...Anymore.

After he told me the whole story a hundred times, and assured me that he had exhausted his search for it at the gym, and apologized a million times, I did what any sane, rational thinking wife would do.

I wrote my name on his ring finger and made him buy me some ice cream.


Ahhhh, all is well again.


Ladies, I would love to know if or how many times your hubby has lost his ring. How long had you been married? Can anyone beat a measly two years? Humor me, please.

5 comments:

  1. Haha I am loving the new wedding ring, he should just write it on in Sharpee and leave it at that :) Craig's never lost his wedding ring, but my brother lost his on his honey moon. Nice huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry lost his but it was found finally. We have had to have his buffed and dipped and all sorts of stuff because his is all beat up because he never takes it off.
    I do have a friend though that lost his 2 weeks into their marriage. We think it may be buried in the ground somewhere (he was moving and digging at the time of the loss) but they had to buy him a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Marshall wore his on our wedding day (and maybe the first week?) and then on our first anniversary.... and that's it!!! It's somewhere in his closet. I'm holding out that he wears it for our 10th anniversary here in about 3 1/2 years. We'll see..... A

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband lost his at work roughly 3 months after we were married! Thankfully he hasn't lost the "replacement"...yet!

    (Love your blog!)
    emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband lost his the day after our wedding! It was the first day of our honeymoon and he lost it in the sand on the beach. We dug and dug frantically, which probably just helped it to sink down farther.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails