Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I was born in an ice storm... I should be OK with this!

We broke out our camping equipment (just short of the tent) for food and warmth. This is me cooking eggs for breakfast on a propane burner.

Entering campus



Not my idea of a cozy picnic.


The tree I usually park under... but not today!


The little guy is hanging in there.




The news people are comparing this ice storm with the one back in 2000. So far, over 50,000 people do not have electricity... us included. I am desperate for a shower! I thought I was doing real well planning to be iced inside this week. I had tons of stuff for meals to cook, and stuff to do around the apartment. However, I didn't plan to be iced in without power. But Greg and I are making the best of it. We realized last night that the law school is open and warm. They have a little kitchenette that I can use, and internet so that Greg can work. I have heard it may be Saturday before we get our electricity back on. Let's pray not!!! But I guess there are other people that need it on before we do. If any of our friends that live nearby have power tonight, we may come crash your place and shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails