Saturday, January 9, 2010

bedroom facelift


Last week, I decided our bedroom needed a pick-me-up. It was just all starting to look pretty blah to me. And since schools were out for snow (yippee!!), this teacher had a little extra time on her hands.

The only problem?  Two people living on a teacher's salary and paying for law school doesn't leave much money for decrorating.  So here's what I did...

BEFORE

The first thing I did was start with this pillow.
I took a gift card and replaced it with these bad boys.

But this pillow just wasn't doing it for me.

So I added this old broach that I had stashed in my jewelry box.
Ahhhh... much better now.

I've been wanting a way to hang my plethora of scarves.

Greg and I found this coat hanger at Riffraff in Fayetteville, so we bought it for the room.  Actually, Greg (of all people) was the first to spot it as we were browsing.  How does he always seem to have a better eye than I do?!  Ugh.  Frustrating.

Would you believe that I'm a cold-natured person?
Then we found this painted canvas, also at Riffraff, and hung it up, too. 
I LOVE it. (Pun intended.)


Years and years ago, I bought this lamp with a frog for its base. I don't know what it was, but it was love at first sight. And the little booger has never failed to make me smile!

Here's the BEFORE again.

And here's the AFTER.
Between gift cards and stuff I already had, the total cost came in right at $30.
It's just a little more fun. And a little more me.



FYI:: The cute scarf rack is on the opposite side of the room.
 Also, you can see the homemade frame on the left from my last post, "Framing Klimt."

Hope you're having a great week!


2 comments:

  1. what d'ya mean "Greg, of all people..."? I'm offended.

    - Greg (of all people)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbs up!!
    Mom (of two people)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails