Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Groundhog's Day is my birthday.

Thanks for the birthday wishes from so many people yesterday! It truly was a wonderful day.

I'm not a fan of birthdays. Never have been. I distinctly remember bawling my eyes out on my 10th birthday because I was officially double digits. Twenty wasn't fun either because I was no longer a teenager. So I was kind of dreading the whole 25 thing (and having gray hair now doesn't help), but it wasn't so bad after all.

Greg took me to the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs. It was fabuloso! I consumed no less than a thousand calories, easy. On the way home though, we got a flat tire. But Greg knew how to change it, so we got home in good time on the spare. It made for some fun memories that I hope to never forget. Let me just say that my 25th birthday was much MUCH better than my 24th which was spent, among other awful things, freezing cold without power because of the ice storm.

Secondly, I want to say thank you to my dear friend, Joanna, for the sweet birthday wish on her blog! I stole this picture from her blog because I love it. (We were bridesmaids in each other's weddings.) LOVE YOU, JO!!!


Third, I want to give a b-day wish to Caroline, the only three year old I would share my birthday with (Ok, she's actually the only three year old I know that was also born on Groundhogs Day, but I love her just the same!) You can see pictures from her third birthday at Sweet Caroline, but just know that you will be captivated by her mom's resilience and love for the Lord after the terrible tragedy (for lack of better words) they have been through this past year. Caroline is the most awesome groundhog baby I know. I love her and her mommy (and brother, and aunt, and all the rest...)!

Last but not least, I want to leave you with some "exquisite poetry" as Sharlee puts it, that I wrote in honor of my own 4th birthday.

"Groundhogs Day is my birthday.
Groundhogs Day is the day when the groundhogs come out.
But most of all, Groundhogs Day is a fun day!"

-Janice, 1989

1 comment:

  1. You are welcome for the special wish...and for the picture too... I have another one of us... I'll email it to you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails