Sunday, April 18, 2010

Set Me as a Seal

Greg is "officially" in finals mode now, so that means it is project time for me!  I love law school finals because Greg always feels sorry for me since I practically have no husband for a month.  So he lets me do virtually any project I can dream of that doesn't break the bank.  

I guess the ribbon frame from my last post was Project #1, so here is Project #2. 

Our LOVE canvas from Riffraff was looking a little lonely. 

So I mixed up some paint as close as I could to the original colors used, and painted him a friend.

You may be wondering... "Set me as a seal upon your heart?"  It is a Bible verse from Song of Solomon 8:6.  The entire verse says, "Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm.  For love is as strong as death." 

The original plan was to paint the entire verse, but obviously I have no spacial skills, and I only got to "heart."


This is not my favorite Bible verse, but I have always liked it because of Rene Clausen's "Set Me as a Seal" which is set to the text of Song of Solomon chapter eight.  Greg and I even printed verse six on our wedding programs when we got married.  It is a special verse to me because it brings back many memories singing such a beautiful piece.  

Here is The National Lutheran Choir singing "Set Me as a Seal."  Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails