Saturday, November 6, 2010

The continued story of my big green wall.


If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you might remember a post I did called The Story of My Big Green Wall.  It's been about a year since I did that post, and oddly enough, about four or five people have spoken to me about it this week.  So, I thought I ought to do a follow-up on THE wall.  It's my husband's favorite, by the way (insert sarcastic voice).

(If you are a traditionalist when it comes to color, you might want to stop reading here.)

Initially, I wanted to paint our entire living room chartreuse.  When I was a kid, my mom was always painting the walls in our house all different colors.  And through the years, she has really taught me not to be afraid of paint.  So I decided, "Hey!  I'm young, and it's a rent house.  Why not have a chartreuse living room?"

But after a few days of fighting with Greg thinking about it, I decided just to paint two of the walls chartreuse.  So, I picked out my paint, put on comfy socks, and watched my mom do the work.  ;)

The only problem was, I'm TERRIBLE at picking paint colors (hence I have a not gray, but blue fireplace, which is a whole other story), and the paint color turned out all wrong.  It was definitely lime green.  (Although I like to call it "apple green" because it makes it seem less obnoxious.) 


The truth is though, I actually have come to quite enjoy my green walls.  They are opposing walls from each other (not adjacent), and the other two walls are Valspar's (I think) "Antique White."  The green that I chose was Valspar's "New Avocado."  


And for the grand finale, I must now show you some cute pictures from this summer of Mumzy teaching my oldest niece (ah, how I love saying that) how to use a color wheel.  





    What a smart little cutie patootie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails