Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm proud to be naive.


Please consider this blog post a letter of apology to my readers in regards to my recent post, "
Update on my gray hair (in case you care as much as I do)."

No, I am not apologizing again for anything I wrote that might have been offensive. Instead I am apologizing for this picture.


To find the picture I simply googled "Cruella Deville." When I found a picture I liked, I copied and pasted it onto my blog. Since I am paranoid about copyright laws, I knew for sure that I should site my source (Oh, and I live with a law student that would have a conniption if I didn't). So I simply wrote "source" underneath the picture and hyper-linked the web page to it. Just like I did above.

"No problem, right? My bases are covered," I thought.

Well tonight, just as I was about to leave for my Thursday night Bible study, something was nagging me to click the "source" link and double-check that it worked.

So I clicked it.

And it definitely works.

Only the title of the web page is "CRUELLA DEVILLE SMOKES CRACK PIPE!!!!"


How did I not notice this?!?!?!

I mean, I already knew that Cruella Deville smoked cigarettes, so I wasn't surprised when she was smoking in the picture. But how did I not notice the yellow smoke and weird contraption that is definitely NOT a cigarette in her right hand!!

I know why. Because I didn't know what it was. I've never smoked anything in my life. I really didn't think I was this naive of a person, but apparently I am.

The whole time I was at Bible study I kept thinking to myself, "I really need to get home so I can find another picture of Cruella Deville to put on my blog so that no one sees the blatant CRACK PIPE that is on there now!" Oh dear.

So I told my wonderful girlfriends at Bible study to get their opinion as to what I should do. Should I even bother changing it at this point? I mean, I figure all three of my readers have seen it by now anyways (ha, that was a joke, I hope). After they stopped laughing, they encouraged me to leave it... and laugh at it.

Moral of the story::
Even if it means you accidentally put a picture of Cruella Deville smoking a crack pipe on your blog, it is a very good thing that you do not know any better. Part of me is thoroughly embarrassed that I overlooked such an obvious thing, but the other part is proud of myself. And I'm not ashamed to be naive. It's a good thing, right?

source
(Go ahead. Click on it and see for yourself.)

So the big question is this...

I know lots of people that tell me they read this blog, but they never comment.
YOU HAVE TO COMMENT THIS TIME. Spare no feelings.
Did you notice the crack pipe or not?!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't even notice after reading your blog and commenting the other day that Cruella was holding a crack pipe. I'm in the same boat with you. I don't know what one of those things even looks like. HAHA! I'm laughing because that sounds like something I would do. As I was reading your last post, I was laughing out loud and my husband ask me what's so funny. I told him about the pipe and he asks if he could see. His next reaction was... Yep, that's a crack pipe alright. He's seen a few of those on the job as a state trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny...Honestly didn't even notice... Thanks for pointing it out now though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This...is...rediculous. I'm gonna have to get some kind of web-filter on the comp now so we don't end up in some kind of undercover sting operation becuase of your web searches!

    - Greg

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails