Sunday, January 24, 2010

RAM TON


As I wrote before, one of my New Year's resolutions was to read the book
The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. It is a twelve-week intensive course designed to develop one's creativity as a spiritual practice - at least that is what it says on the front cover. It is written for artists of all genres (musicians, painters, writers, etc...).There is so much that I could blog about regarding what I have been doing and discovering since I started three weeks ago. But I don't think I am supposed to discuss it much with other people. So just know that I love love love the book so far, and you might be hearing a little more about it in future posts.

This week's task:: I had to paint something.

So here is what I started with. Thanks to the wonderful Mrs. Ebbrecht, my fellow (art) teacher, for loaning me some new brushes to work with! Now I just had to figure out what to paint.



Here is what I came up with. In case you can't read the upside down part, it says, "Make Music Not War." You don't have to say anything... I've already been told I'm a hippie by four different people in the past 24 hours. Believe me, I'm not. I just thought it was cute, that's all. And it is not a political statement either.

But it just looked a little too boring to me. So I decided to write the names of my favorite composers around the edge. (And yes, I know I sit funny.)

Bach, Palestrina, Debussy, Chopin, Beethoven, Handel, Rossini, Mendelssohn, Haydn, Brahms, and Mozart (which as I was writing I realized Mozart had "art" in his name. So I mixed a different color for it).

Finishing touches.

And Ta Da! Call me a hippie, but I like it!

Greg keeps walking around the house saying "RAM TON" back to everything I say. Can you guess why?

It still looks a little too boring to me though. I would like to add or do something different to make it a little less blah. Sooo...


Suggestions much appreciated!!

6 comments:

  1. Janice!! This is AWESOME! You have beautiful handwriting too! I was thinking about you this weekend. I'm so glad the brushes worked out. :) I love it, and I don't think you're a hippie.. but I'm an art teacher so what can I say?? And MozART is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are far more creative and artistic than I will ever be! Love what you did

    ReplyDelete
  3. It needs a big red square in the top right section! - Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction - an orange square would definitely be better - Sis (again)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ram ton, Janice. Ram ton.

    -Guess Who

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should paint splatter it, or draw music notes all over it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails